Mortgage brokers provide competition and choice for consumers
With mortgage brokers now responsible for more than 52% of home lending flows, Australian consumers are clearly indicating a high level of comfort with the service they receive. Today’s results are a testament to our focus on maintaining a strong core broking business, which continues to provide essential competition in the lending market and a true choice for consumers.
Our collective role is to regularly remind those around us of the value mortgage brokers bring to the lending landscape and to those Australians seeking to secure finance. If you’re after any reminders on just some of the benefits those around you may not be aware of, here’s a start…
- We work at times and places that suit our customers.
- We are open for business when bank branches are not.
- We speak many languages and many of us are a part of communities that would otherwise not have any understanding of the way lending works in this country.
- We are a highly productive variable cost base for lenders.
- We provide a vital distribution channel for those lenders without a branch network.
- Without the competition we help drive, prices would inevitably rise.
- We spend a considerable amount of our time educating potential clients at no cost to them.
- For many rural and regional Australians, we are the only ones in their local communities.
- In a complex home lending landscape, we are working in the interests of consumers trying to negotiate one of the biggest financial decisions they will likely make. The probability of those consumers knowing the options available to them is remote.
- Consumers are happy with the service provided or we would not have a successful business.
Please feel free to also forward your clients on to our handy Why use a broker? page.