As fires continue to burn across the country, AFG would like to extend our support to our brokers and customers if they have been affected by the current devastating bushfires.
AFG has established a $100,000 bushfire relief grants program as one way of helping to provide immediate short-term assistance to those who most need it now.
AFG Bushfire Relief Grants
AFG has allocated a total pool of $100,000 for one-time grants of $1,000 each to assist AFG brokers and their customers and AFG Home Loan Customers who have been seriously injured or had their property destroyed in the late 2019/early 2020 bushfires.
Given the scale of loss the time taken for people to receive assistance can often be long. These grants are our way of helping to provide immediate short-term assistance to those who most need it now.
Who is eligible for the AFG Bushfire Relief Grant?
Grants are available to any eligible person as determined by their AFG broker who are: AFG brokers or customers of AFG brokers and who have been seriously injured or had their property destroyed in the late 2019/early 2020 bushfires. For full details, please see terms and conditions below.
How long will it take to receive the Grant?
AFG will aim to deposit an approved grant into the nominated bank account of an eligible person within 2 business days of the grant application being approved by AFG.
How to apply for an AFG Bushfire Relief Grant
AFG Brokers can apply for the grant on behalf of their customers.
If you require further assistance or have any questions you can contact Chris or Beccy.
Supporting the Mortgage and Finance Industry Bushfire Relief campaign
AFG is also donating to the Mortgage and Finance Industry Bushfire Relief campaign supporting the Australian Red Cross. We would also encourage you to help support the industry fundraising campaign.
Other assistance is available
AFG Home Loan Retro or Link customers – If any customers have been affected and need to apply for assistance with their loan repayments, please direct them to our Client Service team on 1800 629 948 or email email@example.com.
Other Lenders – If any customers have been affected and need to apply for assistance with their loan repayments customers should contact their lender directly.
For customers requiring psychological support – there are a number of external resources also available.
- Beyond Blue ‐ 1300 22 4636
- Lifeline ‐ 13 11 14
- Mensline ‐ 1300 789 978
- Kids Helpline ‐ 1800 55 1800
- Rural and Remote Mental Health 1300 515 951
- APM – 1800 276 113
AFG Bushfire Relief Grants – Terms and Conditions
AFG has allocated a total pool of $100,000 (Bushfire Relief Pool) for one-time grants of $1,000 each to assist AFG brokers and their customers who have been seriously injured or had their property destroyed in the late 2019/early 2020 bushfires in Australia (Bushfires).
AFG will provide a one-time grant of $1,000 each (Grant) to AFG brokers (including their member authorised representatives and staff) or their customers who have been seriously injured or had their property (residential or commercial) partially or completely destroyed in the Bushfires (Eligible Persons) and whose application for a Grant (in the approved form) (Grant Application) is accepted by AFG, until the Bushfire Relief Pool is exhausted.
In addition to the Grants, AFG will provide a donation to the Mortgage and Finance Industry Bushfire Relief campaign supporting the Australian Red Cross.
By submitting a Grant Application, the AFG broker agrees to the following terms and conditions and must ensure that their relevant customer also agree and acknowledge the following terms and conditions:
- To be eligible for a Grant, the person must be an Eligible Person as determined by the AFG broker. The AFG broker must collect any proof of eligibility and supply such proof to AFG. AFG may verify the account details of the Eligible Person.
- AFG may accept or deny a Grant Application in its absolute discretion.
- AFG will make Grants on a ‘first come, first served’ basis until the Bushfire Relief Pool is exhausted.
- An AFG broker may only submit a Grant Application once on behalf of each Eligible Person. Only one Grant Application for family members residing at the same address may be made.
- AFG will use reasonable endeavours to deposit an approved Grant into the nominated bank account of an Eligible Person within 2 Business Days of the Grant Application being approved by AFG.
- AFG brokers and successful Grant recipients consent to AFG using and disclosing the information provided for the purposes of reviewing, processing and awarding the Grants and any other matter connected to or incidental to the provision of Grants.
- To the extent lawfully permitted, AFG and its directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors, are not liable to an AFG broker or their customers or other Eligible Persons for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from or in any way connected with a Grant Application or the use of a Grant.