AFG is offering immediate short-term assistance to AFG Brokers and their customers across Australia through access to one-off payments of $1000 if they have been directly affected by the fires. Full eligibility criteria is available here.
AFG Bushfire Relief Grants – Terms and Conditions
AFG has allocated a total pool of $100,000 (Bushfire Relief Pool) for one-time grants of $1,000 each to assist AFG brokers and their customers who have been seriously injured or had their property destroyed in the late 2019/early 2020 bushfires in Australia (Bushfires).
AFG will provide a one-time grant of $1,000 each (Grant) to AFG brokers (including their member authorised representatives and staff) or their customers who have been seriously injured or had their property (residential or commercial) partially or completely destroyed in the Bushfires (Eligible Persons) and whose application for a Grant (in the approved form) (Grant Application) is accepted by AFG, until the Bushfire Relief Pool is exhausted.
In addition to the Grants, AFG will provide a donation to the Mortgage and Finance Industry Bushfire Relief campaign supporting the Australian Red Cross.
By submitting a Grant Application, the AFG broker agrees to the following terms and conditions and must ensure that their relevant customer also agree and acknowledge the following terms and conditions:
- To be eligible for a Grant, the person must be an Eligible Person as determined by the AFG broker. The AFG broker must collect any proof of eligibility and supply such proof to AFG. AFG may verify the account details of the Eligible Person.
- AFG may accept or deny a Grant Application in its absolute discretion.
- AFG will make Grants on a ‘first come, first served’ basis until the Bushfire Relief Pool is exhausted.
- An AFG broker may only submit a Grant Application once on behalf of each Eligible Person. Only one Grant Application for family members residing at the same address may be made.
- AFG will use reasonable endeavours to deposit an approved Grant into the nominated bank account of an Eligible Person within 2 Business Days of the Grant Application being approved by AFG.
- AFG brokers and successful Grant recipients consent to AFG using and disclosing the information provided for the purposes of reviewing, processing and awarding the Grants and any other matter connected to or incidental to the provision of Grants.
- To the extent lawfully permitted, AFG and its directors, officers, employees, agents and contractors, are not liable to an AFG broker or their customers or other Eligible Persons for any loss or damage or personal injury suffered or sustained arising from or in any way connected with a Grant Application or the use of a Grant.